In light of the current situation regarding the Coronavirus Pandemic we would like to provide tenants with the following information and remind them of the following:
Support for Tenants (check out these sites):
- Social Distancing – Do your part by keeping a distance of at least 2 arms length (approx. 6 feet) from others, as much as possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hands.
- If you have travelled or show the following symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty breathing), contact Health Links-Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257 (toll-free).
- The province will suspend any rent increases scheduled to take effect on April 1 or later.
Please note that we will be waiving the late fees for payments that are due April 1, 2020.
Regarding tenant repairs or maintenance items, please continue to provide your property manager or WHRC staff with your requests. All non-urgent repairs will be prioritized for a later date and only urgent/emergency repairs will take place at this time.
March 27, 2020 - Coronavirus (COVID 19) Tenants Information Bulletin 2
March 12, 2020 - Coronavirus (COVID 19) Tenants Information Bulletin 1
Winnipeg Housing Rehabilitation Corporation (WHRC) has implemented certain steps to protect the safety of those we work with. Because of the Province of Manitoba’s recommendation that contact with others be minimized (Social Distancing), our office is presently closed to the public. All staff are available by phone or email. Please call 204-949-2880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org